Massachusetts Feature: Baking Allergy Friendly Banana Bread with Natalia
I started using this recipe because I have allergies (dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts and shellfish) and at birthday parties I could never have the cake and ice cream. Cupcakes give me stomach aches but they are still fun to make. Banana bread is healthy and yummy so I would make them as cupcakes instead and bring to parties.
One of the reasons I started using this recipe was because at the Simpson Spring Marketplace they were having a Banana Bread Contest. My mom and I looked up this recipe and I love it because if you have allergies you can have this yummy treat. I won 2nd Place for Best Banana Bread and First Place in the Kids Category.
- 3/4 Cup - Organic Sugar
- 1/2 Cup - Butter (Earth Balance)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup - Banana (mashed and mixed with 1 Tsp baking soda)
- 2 Tablespoons - Milk (rice milk)
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 Cup - Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Pinch of Salt (himalayan salt)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, mash bananas and mix with baking soda
- In a second bowl, mix sugar, butter, eggs, milk. Then add baking powder and flour
- Add bananas to the bowl and stir well
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin and add banana bread batter equally among the muffin cups or add to a greased loaf pan
- Bake for 30 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean they are done. Place on cooling rack and enjoy
When I was little, I used to help my mom in the kitchen make homemade food because I have a lot of allergies. I'm allergic to :dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts and shellfish, but I learned how to make my own healthy treats over the years.I love making healthy, allergy free treats to take to parties so everyone can enjoy. On Thanksgiving I help my Grammy cook, and I told her I want to own my own bakery someday. I started baking all by myself when I was 8, and even like to cook dinner. When I'm not baking I like to play with my friends, read lots of books, draw, paint and sew.