10 Kid Approved Halloween Desserts They Can Make With You
The school year has started and before you know it the holiday season will be here. Halloween costumes, pumpkins, mum plants and apple cider donuts are already in the stores and local fall fairs have opened their gates. Children are always so excited to get dressed up in costumes and act silly with their friends. With all this excitement around Halloween, it’s a perfect time to make something fun in the kitchen and get them involved in the process of baking. I have compiled Make & Taste’s 10 Kid Approved Halloween Desserts They Can Make With You to provide a great starting point. Although the end result might be a “only after you finish your dinner” dessert item, they are learning so much during the process.
Here are the top three things your child is learning by being in the kitchen with you:
- Fine Motor Skills Development – pouring, mixing, pressing, rolling, whisking all work on strengthening their little hands. This helps once they are in school and are learning to write their name, letters and numbers.
- Sensory Development – exposure to different smells, tastes and textures through the ingredients you choose
- Being Creative – They are combining ingredients to ultimately make something they can share with family and friends. Every recipe is a chance to make something new, new flavors, new forms, new tools.
These 10 recipes will provide ample opportunity to work with your kitchen helper starting as young as 2 years old. I started with my kitchen helper at 2 and just having a young child pour ingredients into a bowl is a beginning of a future of fun in the kitchen. So which recipe are you going to try first? Remember if you bake any of these recipes tag #theprekkitchen or #makeandtaste on Instagram. I would love to see what you are creating.
Mini Muffin Pan
GIR Whisk in Orange
GIR Mini Spatula in Red
Off Set Spatula
Wilton Food Coloring Pencils
Wilton Edible Eyes
- baking with friends
- clementine pumpkin
- cookie monster bark
- elmo cupcake
- halloween candy
- halloween dirt
- Homemade Halloween Marshmallow Treats
- homemade marshmallows
- mini pumpkin cupcakes
- monster brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brookie
- pumpkin cupcakes
- Whoopie Pie
- whoopie pie spiders
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 10 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 7 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.