Quick Breakfast: French Toast Sticks
To provide some variety at breakfast I thought of french toast. Not wanting to make a huge batch, I tested using one slice of bread. Since this breakfast was for one toddler, I didn’t want to waste food, so the one slice was a good solution. If you need to make more than just one slice, just double, triple, quadruple the ingredients below to created your customize family breakfast. (you can also splash a little water into the mixture to extend the quantity)
- 1 Slice 9 Grain Bread (or your preferred bread)
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 Teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Pure Vanilla Extract
- Heat large frying pan at medium temperature and melt enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan
- Meanwhile, cut bread into desired stick sizes
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, cinnamon and vanilla
- Dip each break "stick" at a time coating both sizes with the egg mixture. Add the bread to the hot pan. Repeat
- When bubbles start to form around the edge, flip and cook until golden brown. Enjoy with local maple syrup!
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 10 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 6 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.