Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! A Family Tradition
I’m kicking off the many Make & Taste pumpkin fall recipes with this family tradition: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! These were a staple in my husband’s home growing up and I’m happy to now bake them for our family. Just smelling the cookies bake in the oven brings back great memories.
This recipe has many places where your toddler can help. First, pouring and whisking all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then using the stand mixer they can add ingredients, change the mixer speed and combine them as the recipe requires. The last step might be their favorite, adding the mini-chocolate chips. My son tested a few before pouring them into the bowl, but who could blame him. Enjoy baking these cookies and the great aroma that fills your home. Happy Fall!
Do you have a dessert or food item that reminds you of your childhood? Leave a comment below!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 Cup - Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 Cup - Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup - Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Teaspoon - Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups - All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1 Teaspoon - Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Cups - Mini Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Use a stand mixer and cream butter and sugar
- Once combined, add the egg and mix
- Once combined, add the canned pumpkin and mix
- Once combined, add the vanilla extract and mix
- Add the dry ingredients and mix
- Add chocolate chip to complete the cookie batter
- Scoop cookie batter on a parchment or silicone lined cookie sheet. The cookies spread slightly so 12 on a sheet will fit
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 9 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 5 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.