Lasagna’s Partner In Crime: Oven Roasted Garlic Bread
Lasagna night isn’t complete until garlic bread makes an appearance. This simple and delicious recipe is perfect for Italian night. My toddler and I put this together before we started making the lasagna components. (Link to Lasagna Recipe) I simply wrapped it in foil and placed it in the fridge until the lasagna was out of the oven and cooling slightly. Customized with shredded mozzarella and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- 1 Italian Loaf
- 1 Stick of Butter (room temperature)
- 4 Teaspoons - Finely Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon - Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons - Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons -Shredded Mozzarella (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons -Chopped Parsley (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (same temperature as the Lasagna)
- With a serrated knife, cut diagonally in both direction making sure not to cut all the way through the bread. Look at image above
- In a medium size bowl add the butter, garlic, garlic powder, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Mix until combined
- With an off-set spatula spread the garlic butter onto the exposed bread
- Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Warm in the oven for 15 minutes. Peel the foil back to expose the bread. Allow it to brown (additional 5-10 minutes)
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 10 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 6 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.