Homemade Valentine Day Gummies (+ Printables)
Valentine’s day is always filled with candy, but luckily my kitchen helper’s pre-school has a non-candy policy for this holiday. He recently started enjoying gummies that were provided as a special snack in this classroom, so when I started to think of a fun Valentine’s Day treat for his classmates a homemade option came to mind. Strawberry is my kitchen helper’s favorite flavor and although I wish I still had bag of frozen strawberries from all our summer strawberry picking trips, I ended finding some fresh frozen berries from Maine in my local store. With just a few simple ingredients I was able to transform this store bought treat and package it in a festive way.
Below are two printable’s for you to use when packing gummies. Cute, clever and ready to celebrate this Valentine’s day.
Printable: I’m Happy You AreIn My Class-4
Printable:I’m Happy You Are My Friend
- 1 15 oz Bag - Fresh Frozen Strawberries (yields 3/4 cup puree)
- 2 Tablespoons - Grass-Fed Gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons - Honey
- 1 Tablespoons - Freshly squeezed Lemon
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the strawberries until they breakdown and soften. I used a spoon and masher to fully breakdown the soft strawberries
- Once the strawberries are broken down pour them through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the pulp and reserve the juice. Sprinkle the gelatin over the the puree and allow it to see for 3-5 minutes
- In the same sauce pan, pour the strawberry/gelatin mixture back into the sauce pan on medium heat. The clumps of gelatin will break down as it heats up
- Add the honey and lemon and mix. At this point, taste the mixture on the back of a spoon. This is what the gummie will taste like, so if you would like it sweeter, add more honey etc.
- Once all the ingredients are incorporated, pour into a bowl and use the dropper and fill each berry in the mold. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Pop out, bag and label. Happy Valentine's Day!
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 9 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 5 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.