Homemade Chocolate Brownies
This was a new one for me. I had always used a box mix, but saw this recipe on Food52 and when reviewing the ingredients and steps, I knew I could make them. The best part was that I only needed the chocolate ingredient and already had the equipment. My toddler enjoyed stirring the chocolate and watching it melt, of course once the stand mixer was out he was really excited about what we were planning to make. This recipe makes 9 brownies, which was ideal, since most of the time I cut the recipes in half because having a two dozen brownies in the house isn’t ideal for the waist line. Have fun making this one!
What type of brownies do you make? Leave a comment below.
Recipe adapted from Food 52: Mollie’s Brownies by BlissfulBaker
- 2 ounces - Unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 tablespoons - Butter
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 2 - Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla
- 3/4 Cups - Flour
- Heat oven to 350
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Blend
- In a mixture combine sugar, eggs and vanilla at high speed for a couple of minutes. Add the chocolate and butter mix and combine
- Add flour and mix until combined
- Pour batter into a greased and parchment lined 8x8 pan
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick has small crumbs attached when tested in the center of the pan
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 10 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 6 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.