Holiday Gift Idea: Homemade Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Dark chocolate and peppermint always remind me of my sister. She definitely has a sweet tooth and loves when the holidays bring an abundance of peppermint treats. Since we live on opposite coasts I thought I would send her a care package of some homemade dark chocolate peppermint bark. Not only does she love this combination, but this item is a great pick for sending long distance. Bark is simple to make and my plan was to make the bark in the morning and ship before my local post office closed that night. This way I could ensure freshness on the 3000 mile journey.
- 10 Ounce - Dark Chocolate (chips, wafers or bar)
- 2 - Large Peppermint Candy Canes
- Melt dark chocolate in 30 second increments in a microwave, until melted (used a microwave safe bowl)
- While the chocolate is melting, crush the candy canes using a food processor or a plastic bag and rolling pin
- Spread over a parchment lined baking sheet until 1/4 think
- Sprinkle the candy cane crumbs over the chocolate and cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before breaking into pieces
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 9 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 5 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.