Giveaway! GIR® Get It Right Kitchen Tools + A Bonus Snickerdoodle Recipe
Feeling lucky? Let’s start celebrating St. Patrick’s Day early! Today you can win three amazing pieces of GIR® Get It Right Kitchen Tools. The Mini Spatula in Red, Mini Spoon in Orange and Mini Flip in Teal can be part of your kitchen by entering to win on @makeandtaste Instagram account. I’m so excited to be partnering with GIR® for this giveaway and am equally excited for whoever wins this amazing prize. My little kitchen helper has claimed one of these mini spatulas as his own and always uses it while we make recipes. If you need more reason to enter, how about a great recipe to make one once you receive these products. Follow the rainbow of colors to your pot of gold, or in this case a small batch snickerdoodle recipe. These soft snickerdoodles have a great cinnamon flavor and sugar crunch. Simply combine the wet ingredients with a hand mixer and add the dry ingredients into the same bowl. Scrape down the bowl with the GIR® Mini Spatula in Red, Mix the Cinnamon Sugar coating mixture with the GIR® Mini Spoon in Orange and transfer the cooled cookies to a cooling rack with the GIR® Mini Flip in Teal.
My little kitchen helper always loves to mix all the ingredients and the added bonus of rolling the dough into cinnamon sugar was an extra treat. The silicone products from GIR® have been a great addition to my kid friendly tools. The mini versions, especially. Let’s face it, I use them as well, but having a tool appropriate for toddlers to use it always a bonus.
So here are the contest details. Just head over to Instagram and follow @makeandtaste and @GIR and tag two friends. Giveaway ends Sunday 3.19.17. The winner will be announced Monday 3.20.17. This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Open to US residents only. Enter this Instagram giveaway today!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10-12 mins
- 1/4 Cup - Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 Cup - Salted Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup - Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup + 6 Tablespoons - All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon - Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1/8 Teaspoon - Salt
- CINNAMON SUGAR MIXTURE
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons - Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Ground Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°. Set aside one ungreased baking sheet
- In a large bowl and with a hand mixer, beat butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in eggs and vanilla, mix again. Scrape down bowl spatula
- Add four, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt until incorporated
- In a small shallow bowl, stir sugar and cinnamon together, set aside
- Create around .5 ounce size dough balls (about 1.5 tablespoons) and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Creating a total of 12 cookies
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will spread and puff up. They will also crack on the surface. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to set up. Transfer to cooling rack and Enjoy!
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 9 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 5 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.