Fun Football Season Inspired Chocolate Brownies
Getting ready for the game this weekend? In need of some Super Bowl inspired treats? Well, these easy football frosted brownies will please any crowd. This post is actually dedicated to my brother-in-law Kevin’s love for the game and my mom who shared the same passion. I have so many fond memories of Kevin watching both baseball and football with my mom before she passed, it was always great fun to see them discuss plays and cheer for their teams. So let’s celebrate the sport that brings people together season after season in spirited fashion.
These frosted brownies could not be easier. I made a batch of homemade brownies (recipe found here), but feel free to make a box brownie or already made brownies. My small batch brownies make 9 footballs, as you can see I’m simply cutting off the corners to make a diamond shape. I then made a batch of homemade chocolate frosting, reserved a small amount for the laces and they were ready for the game. Below is the frosting recipe, have fun with these festive treats and enjoy the time you share with your fellow cheering section.
Frosting Recipe: Celebrating Sweets
- 1/4 Cup - Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups - Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons - Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Cup - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- With a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Once all the sugar is mixed, add the milk and vanilla
- Remove about 2-3 tablespoons of frosting. I used a ziploc bag to pipe the laces, so add the frosting to the corner of a ziploc bag and snip the corner when ready to frost
- To the remaining frosting add the cocoa powder. Beat on medium speed for about a minute. Add more milk if needed. Frosting should be smooth and able to hold it's shape
- I used an off set spatula to apply the chocolate frosting, but feel free to use a piping bag.
- Once the brownies are frosted with chocolate frosting, add the vanilla frosting to the top. Enjoy!
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 10 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 7 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.