Feature: Bringing Back Deviled Eggs
If you have a toddler who isn’t excited about eating eggs, you may want to consider what this Chicago family did to address the challenge. They brought back deviled eggs and he can’t get enough!
Who would have thought?
Do you have another solution to the egg challenge? Leave a comment below, I would love to hear some other options.
Recipe Adapted from: Paleo OMG Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- 6 - Eggs
- 2 Pieces - Cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup - Mayo (see note below)
- 1 Tablespoon - Minced jalapeno
- 1/8 Teaspoon - Smoked Paprika
- 1/8-1/4 Teaspoon - Salt (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place eggs in the water and cook for 15 minutes
- While eggs are cooking in the water cook bacon and let cool and chop into small pieces
- Remove eggs from water and place in a bowl of cold water to help cool down
- Once eggs are cooled cut in half, scoop out the yolks and place the yolks into a bowl to smash with a fork
- Add mayo and mix until the mixture is smooth
- Add jalapeño, bacon pieces and smoked paprika. Mix well
- Scoop the yolk mixture into a small plastic bag, cut off one corner and squeeze the mixture into each egg halves
- Chill before serving
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 10 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 6 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.