A Christmas Party Favor: Chocolate Reindeer Bark
Chocolate bark can be made in so many creative flavors and designs. Different types of chocolate and toppings to customize to your liking or event. When creating the Christmas Kids Table design I wanted to incorporate a cute and festive favor (See the table design post here). Chocolate Reindeer Bark was a perfect match. Semi-Sweet Chocolate, which almost all little kids would enjoy, candy eyes, pretzels and red M&M is all that’s needed for this sweet treat. The bark only takes a few minutes to put together before chilling for an hour. My little kitchen helper loved sorting the M&M candy colors and pressing in the reindeer design toppings. This recipe makes 6-8 large pieces of bark, which means 3-4 favor bags, so adjust amounts for your favor needs.
- 5 Ounce - Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 12-14 Pieces - Candy Eyes
- 12-14 Pieces - Pretzels
- 12-14 Pieces - Red M&M Candies
- Using a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments
- Pour melted chocolate on a parchment lined baking sheet and spread with off-set spatula
- Lightly press pretzels, candy eyes and red M&M to form the reindeer design
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into desired size pieces, place in favor bags or enjoy immediately
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 10 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 6 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.