3 Ingredient Strawberry Lemonade Dinosaur Popsicles
Strawberry Lemonade sounds good in any form, but for my dinosaur loving kitchen helper, these 3 Ingredient Strawberry Lemonade Dinosaur Popsicles are a perfect summertime treat. It was important for me to make a popsicle that was low in sugar. Honey does not raise ones blood sugar levels as quickly as white sugar, so it was my desired sweetener for this recipe. We tasted the mix at every stage, it was important to puree the strawberries first and taste to see how sweet they were without any additional ingredients. From there a tablespoon of honey and the juice of one lemon provided enough sweetness and balance of flavor. As you can see from the pictures below, my kitchen helper kept checking on the popsicles in anticipation and has been enjoying this refreshing summer treat every since they reached optimal frozen popsicle level. Easy to make, 3 ingredients and kid approved, yes!
This recipe provides many opportunities for your kitchen helper to work on their fine motor skills. Cutting the strawberries and lemon, squeezing the lemon and pouring the ingredients all help strengthen their little hands. Developing their fine motor skills in this way will help them once in school when they are introduced to writing and holding a pencil. So while your kitchen helper is enjoying summer break, little do they know by making recipes with you they are learning and developing skills for their future.
- 1- 16oz package of fresh Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon - Honey
- Juice of a medium to small Lemon
- Cut the tops off of all the strawberries in the package and add to a blender. Blend the strawberries on the smoothie setting. Taste the mixture to see how sweet or not the strawberries are
- Add the 1 tablespoon of honey to the blender. Mix and taste again to see if there is a nice sweetness. Adjust if needed.
- Juice one lemon and add to the blender. Mix. Taste to see if there is a nice balance and desired strawberry lemonade flavor.
- Pour into your popsicle molds. Freeze overnight and enjoy!
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic child, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 9 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her 5 year old and enjoying a good cup of coffee.